Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lord of Mornings

Perhaps this was the original cause of death,
boredom.
Tired, of the abyss which is my time.
Perhaps coffee, the sweet lord of mornings
will break me from boredom's hold on me,
that sorcerer.
Yet the last time I broke my pact
(with the lord of mornings),
worshipping him with a Medium sized coffee well past noon,
I paid the consequences.
I wish not to go back to that dreadful 95 minutes.
A predicament, is where I find myself.
Oh look, a book,
Oh sweet escape.
I praise thee.

1 comment:

Marta said...

I really enjoyed this :D It was so fun and light to read. And I could really hear your voice reading it aloud, which was awesome. Also, the last three lines were priceless. Great flow, almost to the point of me wanting the whole poem to be that way, but it sort of worked just having the last three lines like that because it was like a nice snap out of the dreary feeling shown through the previous lines.

Anyway, yes, this made me smile and chuckle :)