Saturday, March 13, 2010

Another Two

(Usually, when I get home at 1 on a Friday night, I like to post my HRC post. This time I wrote Les plaques tectoniques and posted it on my blog and neglected to post it on HRC. As an apology, I've included a new one.)

Les plaques tectoniques

You make me want to run.
Not from anything in particular.
Just run, free of worry and whatnot.
I don't know if you'll run with me,
But I know that I'll have
A hell of a time running
And I will thank you for it
When I make my way
Back around the world
To where you'd stay,
Because I assume that
Your legs are tired
And you want sleep.
I'll be back before you wake up.

Breathing Lessons (new By Polar, This Order song)

I'm pretty sure that I can teach a whale to fly.
But in return it would have to teach me how to swim
I hope he doesn't forget his wings
Because mine haven't grown in and
Now I've turned to the sea to find my way.

2 comments:

Marta said...

Les plaques tectoniques:

As I wrote on your blog, the title made me super inspired to write my own poem which I am really happy with, so I just want to say thanks again! And therefore I might be a bit biased towards it because I'm now quite partial to it all since it has acted as my muse. I thought that the movement in this poem was great, considering it was about running; it flowed quickly and efficiently, going through thoughts in a healthy, open, clear-minded way. It reminded me of when you finish exercising and you get this burst of mental expansion. You're able to look at things more objectively. That's what I really liked in this. It wasn't bogged down by your usual uber-depressing-heart-raped-heartbreak, but instead felt like you'd taken a step back. There was a sense of freedom, and the return at the end was by choice, not because your heart is fucking with you and yanking you back because it's spiteful. I loved the last line, it's definitely like a Mike-end :) The only thing is that bothered me was that you used the word "awake", which I thought was a little formal. You should write it instead something like "I'll be back before you wake up". It tripped me when I read it.


Breathing Lessons:

Loved it. Especially the last three lines. Actually, I wasn't too fond of the first two lines, but maybe they sound better when sung. I would really like to hear the song :) Otherwise, the imagery and concept in general was great. It put such whimsical and yet heartbreaking pictures into my head. It was really like a fairy tale. I'd love to illustrate this, it's very inspiring :P If you need artwork for an EP you're putting this on I'd be happy to do it ;)

I also really like the title. It's just great. Adds so very much to the piece.

Mike Carrozza said...

Changed the awake thing. After considering it, it fits better this way. Thanks :)