Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's not enough...it never will be

It's not enough
what more can I give
when I’ve given
heart and soul and body.
what more can I lose
when I’ve lost all
shame and reason and sanity.
what else can I feel
(after love, scorned,)
but hate regret remorse.
what more can I say
I love you
I loved you
but I never had a chance
never had a choice…

It never will be
it never will be me
that you look at
with those sea-blue eyes
it never will be enough
just
being friends
it never will be anything
whatever I do
I can’t make you love me

3 comments:

Mike Carrozza said...

JSMC.
This is a theme we can all relate to on some level. However, I can't say that this hit me as hard as it could have. Jordano's suggestion of visuals is a good one. I'm sure if you work at the very least, one in, I think it would make for a great heart rape post.

That being said.

Heart-Raped.

Marta said...

J&MSMC. It's a fairly typical topic for a poem, so you don't want to make it cliche. You want to tell this is a way that no one else has, because it's been said a lot.

Andrea said...

M&J&MSMC (lol getting ridiculously long...TWSS. DAMMIT NO!)

I think because there were so few images, the "sea-blue" really popped out in my mind. It reminded me of your post about the lighthouse. I like your ocean/sea imagery...every time I read one of your posts I think of water. This poem looks like a lighthouse...or waves lapping.