Monday, February 8, 2010

Valentine's Day

Okay so this is my Max-esque piece, really really overdue. I tried my best to work with the constraints of both sexualness and "working relationships", the latter of which proving to be the most difficult. Tried to capture the specificity of language that Max uses, as well as the block paragraphs without separation for dialogue. It's unedited save for searching for spelling and grammatical errors, although Max did say that he doesn't edit either so I guess that holds true to the spirit of his writing as well :P I dunno. Tell me what you think.



His hands were sweaty and he rubbed them on his pants. He felt a strange texture in the give of the material, and for one second thought it was dried cum before noticing with relief that it was only an old food stain. A second more and he thought, Damn. I don’t want to get laid on Valentine’s Day with a food stain on my jeans.

He wiped his hands one more time and pulled the yellow-gray cord to make the bus stop. It veered to the corner and hurled fellow commuters onto each other. The carnations he was holding fell and were crushed between his knees and a three or four year old kid whose sex was indistinguishable due to ripples of snowsuit fat. The kid started crying. He snatched the flowers from the ground and jumped off the bus before an angry mother could glare at him and make him feel guilty for both the facts that he had detonated her child and that some girl was going to get that bouquet while she hadn’t even gotten a good fuck since said child was born.

Outside, he started walking the six frigid blocks to her house. His fingers slid on the plastic wrap of the bouquet, like lubricant on a condom, and he tried to arrange it so it looked less flattened. He only managed to decapitate a few stems by the time he reached her door, and decided to throw the broken pieces among the ferns fanning around the flowers and ring her doorbell instead of doing any more damage.

In the brief seconds that it took for her to respond, he was able to hear some muffled shouts from inside the house without him processing what it meant. Then she’d opened the door and squeezed outside so quickly that he only heard the furious “ – AND STICK SHIT UNDER YOUR SKIN – !” before she was pulling it shut and kissing him hello.

“Sister got a tattoo,” she said breathlessly, pulling a few strands of hair out of her mouth that had got caught in the saliva crossfire of their kiss. “Let’s not go inside.”

He kissed her again, unable to resist the warmth of her hot lips in the February air. “Fine by me,” he said, although secretly he wished that her parents weren’t so anal that they’d have a shit fit about tattooing. It was freezing outside.

“Those for me?” She was looking at the flowers with the grin that made her chin stick out and her nose wrinkle. He held out the battered bouquet to her. “Happy Valentine’s Day, mon amour.” She took them and pushed her face into the petals to smell.

They walked for a while to a nearby industrial park that was more like an industrial patch, but still big enough that they were walking in a semi-wooded and entirely deserted area. No one would be outside today in their right minds. He pulled her closer to him as they passed out of view completely from the world.

“Fuck it’s cold,” she said. She stuck the flowers stem-first into a tall snow bank. “Mind if I put these here?” “Unacceptable,” he told her and pushed her into the snow bank too. “Jerk!” she giggled and reached out and grabbed his pants pocket, pulling him on top of her. Their jackets crunched against each other and he pressed his mouth to the tip of her nose, to her cheeks, to her mouth, to her neck. “I bet I can make you warmer,” he said. “You think you’re such hot shit,” she laughed, but slipped her hands into his back pockets and pulled his ass so he pressed close and hard against her body. She curled one of her legs around his and his hand unzipped her jacket to feel her breast. He loved her breasts, and he would tell her so – earning him either a good smack or a good fuck. He told her often.

“Mmmmcold,” she mumbled around his tongue, and he unzipped his own jacket so they could share the warmth of his rapidly heating body.

She moved her mouth across his face to the side of his head where she proceeded to play with his ear with her tongue. Despite the freezing weather and the snow bank they were sinking deeper and deeper into, he felt his penis hardening and he knew that she felt it pressing against her thigh. His hand traveled from her breast to her pants, which he unbuttoned so that his fingers could slide along her vulva and into her vagina. She shuddered immediately and screeched, “Holy fuck your fingers are freezing! Just fuck me don’t touch me!” She shivered again and they laughed. She undid his belt and the zipper of his jeans and wrapped her fingers around his cock. “FUCK YOUR HANDS ARE EVEN COLDER!!” he yelled, and she kissed his cheek. “Now we’re even. Now hurry up my ass is numb!” “Well now I don’t know if I want to give you that satisfaction.” “Oh please,” she sighed, “you may as well have put a card on those flowers that said ‘Happy Valentine’s Day, from the guy who’s desperate to get laid’.” “I’ll have you know that I picked those flowers individually and especially for you!” “I can see that. You picked the tops right off the stems.” “I thought they looked better that way.” “You’re weird.” “You’re weird too. That’s why I thought you’d like decapitated flowers.”

She laughed and he penetrated her, forcing her to gasp a cloud of moist condensation into the air. She wrapped her other leg around him and slid her hands into his back pockets again so she could pull him even closer to her during each of his thrusts. Ten minutes of pelvic pushing left them panting great white misty breaths while their respective muscles contracted in orgasm. He slid out of her and they quickly did up their pants so their sex fluids wouldn’t freeze.

“My ass is still numb,” she told him. “And now I can’t feel my legs either.” “You complain too much,” he said, and kissed her forehead. She smiled and looked down, holding his hand and making him walk briskly back to civilization.

“You have ice cream on your pants,” she observed. “What?” “Ice cream.” She pointed. “We had ice cream last summer and I spilled some on your leg because it was over thirty degrees and it melted in like five seconds.” “Oh yeah,” he said, although he didn’t actually remember and knew for a fact that he’d (probably) washed those pants ages ago. But it was Valentine’s Day. She could be sentimental if she wanted.

They headed out of the trees, not noticing that the carnations had been left behind in the snow bank next to the impression of their bodies.

8 comments:

Chasch said...

ohmyGod Marta this is amazing. It's graphic, but there's also feeling. Love the return of the white stain on his jeans at the end, the image of the carnation beside the impression of their bodies in the snow. It was a Max story with a Marta twist, and I approve greatly.

The sex was also very well described, which I find incredibly difficult to do.

"He slid out of her and they quickly did up their pants so their sex fluids wouldn't freeze" = this is what heartrape is about.

Bernard said...

I was so very disgusted because it was a sex story. Yet so very delighted because MARTA wrote it. It is awesome.

Tabs said...

BSMC

oh noooooo.
Um.
Alrighty then.
BSMC.
BSMC
BSMC

(warning: I'm going to be brutal, because you've been really brutal with my writing lately)

The sexual references at the beginning just seem a bit too forced, with the commuters on the bus, the stain on the pants. I don't know if Max would pay such attention to..Okay, wait, I don't think the character would be having so many internal thoughts.
As for the sex scene itself: A plus. I don't know what else to say.
All in all there was bit too much Marta description, though, you really went into huge details with adjectives, which then made it wordy, which then made it a Marta piece, not a Max piece.
But.
yes.
BSMC

Mike Carrozza said...

I have to say TSMC

The sex references in the beginning seemed forced and I didn't really feel you channel Max, but just you trying to apply some conditions to your writing. However the fat kid on the bus was exactly what I expected. That bit would be a bit Max would write and we'd praise him for.

The sex scene in the snow was extremely well written. It was casual, like Max, but had you in it. The fact that they're hands are cold and they "get even" was just wonderful.

The couple's dialogue was splendid. It captured the whole "we're a couple on valentine's day and the mere fact of that makes us extremely happy about everything and nyah nyah nyah" and how their happiness can't be shaken.

The decapitated carnations. I don't know what that symbolizes but how he says he thought she'd prefer them that way was just great.

I liked the excuse for them leaving the house, but I felt like you could have added a few more lines from that dialogue. For comic relief purposes. Not that you didn't do well further along, but because I felt like Max would take that opportunity to say something about it or make the little sister an alchohilic who got a tattoo after a long night of drinking.

Overall, I feel like you achieved the goal of this exercise, to channel the writer and put a personnal spin on it.

With that said, this may be a favorite.

Max said...

Hey Marta just read it. I approve. I really could picture myself writing this, except in this picture I had talent. I was impressed with the fat kid also. Instead of "sex" I might have used the word "penis" to describe the fat kid's junk. Good job not editing! represent.
Maybe their relationship was a bit too pleasant for my style, but I would have hated the story if he secretly hated her, I enjoyed the intelligence of the characters and the sexual confidence of the woman. I have a hard time writing women. anyway Good Job!

Chasch said...

"I have a hard time writing women."

Oh, the plethora of incredible responses that come to mind for this statement. (I get points for employing the word "plethora".)

- Do you have a hard time banging women, too?

- Do you have a hard time writing men, too?

- It's 'cause you have a dick.

- Try writing them naked.

- It's cause a vagina is more complicated to describe than a penis.

I think everyone should try this, it's fun...
In other news, I have the maturity level of a 5 year old, and I'm sick of writing essays.

Mike Carrozza said...

Charles easily made my night.

Andrea said...

Oh. My. Gosh. Marta, I thought this was stupendous. A lot more capitalization and grammar that Max usually goes for lol but I liked this a LOT! You did an awesome job. The fat kid on the bus was so Max, and the dynamic between the couple was just superb - really sweet, kinda quirky and well developped on both sides.
Sex scene gets an A plus plus lmao! The cold hands were awesome. And the final image of the flowers in the snow was so sweet!

I think this is my favourite piece of yours. You did a really good job emulating Max, I think. Obviously it's not %100, but I don't think anyone can come up with such random, grotesque moments as he does hahaha

"they quickly did up their pants so their sex fluids wouldn’t freeze." BAHAHAHA! He would definitely say "sex fluids." This post made me laugh!