Sunday, February 7, 2010

Silent Sigh

Very very very late attempt at Davina's style.
Apologies all around.



Basking in the orange glow,
she walks, no, glides, across
the asphalt floor
no longer tingling,
no longer anything at all.

Young one, your eyes have glazed over.
Young one, you see straight through me.

Denied the cool taste of summer,
she walks, no, glides in the frost.
Timid and hesitant,
she takes what is not hers in order to survive.
No longer moral,
no longer anything at all.

Young one, the world is ending.
Let us fall together.

4 comments:

Mike Carrozza said...

I can't say this reminds me of Davina.

tabs said...

Hahaha, I can't either.

Marta said...

Really?? I thought the "Young one" was super Davina-esque!!! I was so happy when I read it I thought YEAH GO TABIA YOU NAILED IT

.... I am obviously too enthusiastic for 4:30 in the morning. But no really, I thought you did a good job. Perhaps it's because it ends on a more "you and me" type note, which is more Tabia-like since Davina does a lot of general "event" type poetry when she writes apocalyptic stuff, but I thought that it was pretty well done! :) Also, simply for the fact of it being poetry and written by Tabia I was quite impressed. I loved everything in it, except for perhaps the line "No longer moral" which I thought was a little too vague and abstract and out of place. But I liked the stanzas and the movements of the piece. The repetition worked really well.

Tabs said...

Marta you actually liked something I wrote.
Clearly you were sleep deprived.