Sunday, March 6, 2011

Late. Don't Care. Do I Have Much to Say? Eh...Nope.

Alright,
you know that feeling you get
when you're writing a list
of things you need,
but you know,
you KNOW,
you're forgetting
a really
really
important one?
That happens to bees, too.
Except, not a list.
I mean, they must have a way
to keep track of their tasks
and stuff.
But think about it.
Bees. Bears.
Cats.
Dogs.
Elephants.
Ferrets.
Gorillas.
Hares. Hedgehogs. Hogs.
I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, ,R S, TT, U, V, WXYZ,.

We congratulate ourselves way too much.
Let's do something worthy of praise.

Now, what was I going to say?

8 comments:

Chasch said...

Thanks for this, it was very nice. The last line was such a win.

Mike Carrozza said...

Winning! Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Hahaha when I saw "Bees. Bears." I was waiting for "Battlestar Galactica!" But I agree with Charles, the last two lines are my fave!

Mike Carrozza said...

Andy Bernard? :O

Andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andrea said...

Nope, Andy Sun haha I think I was logged into another google account.

Emlyn said...

Yes, I know that feeling!
Thanks for sharing this Mike, I like this a lot.

Marta said...

This is excellent - well structured and solid topic for content. I love the subjects you choose for your poems. I know it's a pretty obvious thing to say because you always do this, but I felt like I should mention it because it deserves recognition. I like the flow of this, and how you went through the alphabet listing off animals.

I'm curious why you decided to put a space between Q and R, and why you did a double T. I'm guessing there was a specific reasoning behind it?