Saturday, June 5, 2010

Sean Turner Files; Case number 17a. Transcript of Interview.

(the names of our agents and case studies are changed in order to maintain anonymity)
[clicking, then a shuffle of papers and a long exhale]
Mr. Johnson: I don't want you to feel uncomfortable so just tell us if you want to stop and we will.
David Bronson: Us? We?
J: Me, just me ok, David? Are sure you still want to do this?
D B: Yes... yeah I do. Where do I start? How much do you know?
J: Why don't you start at the beginning?
D B: So yeah Sean Turner huh...
J: Who informed you this interview was about Sean Turner?
D B: No one, why else would you be here?
J: Good point, please go ahead.
D B: Well it was about three days ago, I was on Sherbrooke just west of the Roddick Gates waiting for the 24. Late I remember I had left the library after studying it was like 9:45 or 10 pm I think. anyway it was pretty hot outside so I was wearing shorts.
J: What kind of shorts were they?
D B: How is that pertinent?
J: Please just answer the question.
D B: Grey brown plaid shorts.
[silence, some scribling]
J: Please, go on.
D B: So as I was saying I was at the bus stop in the shelter and it was really hot. I had just missed the 24 so I was going to wait for another 25 minutes. I looked around and not many people were on the street. Anyway, that's when he showed up.
J: Do you mean Mr. Turner?
[...]
D B: Yes... So I was sitting down and he just stood in the doorway of the shelter. I hadn't looked up yet so I didn't know who it was at that time. After a little bit I thought I felt him stare at me so I looked up and our eyes met for just a second and then he looked away. Funny he looked sort of embarrassed. He sat down but like two spots away you know... ever take the bus?
J: No, I am sorry please explain.
D B: Well in bus shelters there are like three spots on the bench separated by two metal arm rest things. I sat on one end of the bench and sat on the other and there was an empty seat between us. So we sat there in silence, nothing happened for five minutes. Then he grunted as if he wanted my attention so I turned my head and he was staring into nothing, so I looked back down the street to see if the bus was coming. It wasn't. When I looked back at him I caught his eye again and thats when I noticed who it was. I was mildly surprised and I smiled, he turned his head and he saw me smiling at him. That's when things changed.
J: What do you mean?
D B: I mean that's when things got bad. He got up and sat next to me. Oh and he didn't smile back, that was the first sign that things were wrong.

(end of side 1)

4 comments:

Mike Carrozza said...

You kinda have to read this as a script, really. It's fun. You establish the mystery of Sean Turner early on and continue with it. The shorts bit made me laugh and I feel like this is great comedy. It feels like it can take a dark turn which is what the ending leads on, but I mean a ridiculous turn.
Looking forward to the rest.

Chasch said...

I agree with the boys, humorous but dark, I was enthralled from the beginning. I thinks it's the whole interrogation thing, like the guy being questioned you're not entirely sure if it's a huge joke or not... can't wait for the rest.

Andrea said...

Bahaha! I love this, this would make a awesome low-budget, really ghetto home movie with terribly over exaggerated acting (which should totally be made this summer)! Right from the beginning it's kind of absurd and overly melodramatic. It made me laugh ("Have you ever taken the bus?"
"No I'm sorry, please explain" lmao)
I don't know if I should expect a totally ridiculously crazy plot twist, or something really mundane and anticlimactic. Either way I bet it's hilarious. Ahh the cliffhanger!

Marta said...

I would have to say that everyone has said what I wanted to say, but I'll just reiterate the fact that I thoroughly enjoyed this. I thought that it was great characterization even though it's only through dialogue. Johnson and David are very distinct from each other and their dialogue is really interesting to read and easy to - it sounds authentic and not at all stiff on-the-page speeches.

i agree with Andrea. This needs to be made into a really low budget home movie this summer :D

Can't wait for the next instalment!