Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sufferin' Sassafras! (Sylvester and Tweety reference, anyone?)

Fun news. I just headlined a show for the first time. By Polar, This Order and The Panda Attack! It was awesome. Anyway, here's my post. It's not the greatest and I'm basically writing as I go, tonight. No edits. Stream of Mike.

The Swingset Moved an Inch When He Swung Backward. Soon, He Will Let Go and Rocket to The Moon. At Least, That's The Plan...

When are you going to understand that I want loyalty and devotion?
"Where will you be when things go wrong?"
Will you be by my side?
Because I sure as hell will be by yours,
If we come to that agreement.
You say it needs to be more than that.
I think we are more than that.
You call me an attention whore,
I call you by your first name,
And I see nothing wrong with it.
I can be certain to a degree
That perfection is an ideal
That can not be attained
And that everyone settles.
I am a settler, but I ask you to join me
In this yet researched and discovered
Territory.
You call me a distraction
I call you by your full name
You're free to go. Why do you stay?

Bonus post:
The Problem of Evil (Stolen)

It's only natural for us to find excuses.
Even God needed a scapegoat.
But I think it's time I give up on them
And remain honest.

I like you because I can be honest
And you don't run.

"Your happiness doesn't depend on people," they say
But you understand that they're wrong.
Because, either way you put it,
My happiness lies within people
And it's my job to find it

I am a leech.
I'll stick around and make you happy in return,
But my happiness belongs to someone else.

No comments: