Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Heart Rapist's Limerick

I know it sounds bad - "Heart Rapist"
But I swear we're not cruel, we're the same as
Any other Joe Shmo
Who snorts coke on the go
Or spends time with French hoes
Or births pineapples
Or anthropomorphizes robos
Or speaks "sunshine." "stop." "oh."
To the beat of bongos
Or records awkward convos
With Cyrus Pekoe
Or gets high with his bros
With philosophic lingo
Between "hmm"s, "what?"s and "woah"s
Or whose oceans of woe
Tell old lovers, "No"
Whose dog chews corpse bones
And whose dark oracles
Speak to spirits below.

Clearly "rape" is not on our playlist.


Alternate ending:
Clearly "forcible non-consensual entry of a penis into a vagina (or rectum)" is not on our playlist.

5 comments:

Mike Carrozza said...

I just love how Giving Birth to a Pineapple has made its way into nearly everything and it gets brought up frequently.

Mike Carrozza said...

I just love how Giving Birth to a Pineapple has made its way into nearly everything and it gets brought up frequently.

Emlyn said...

I love this! :D I like the ending you chose better than the alternate ending, and I really think this should go into the heartrape lit journal Jordano is making...

I was trying to name everyone to a line or two...

Who snorts coke on the go MAX
Or spends time with French hoes CHARLES
Or births pineapples (obviously MIKE)
Or anthropomorphizes robos MARTA
...
Or gets high with his bros
With philosophic lingo JORDANO & MIKE ?

Or whose oceans of woe
Tell old lovers, "No" (ME??)
Whose dog chews corpse bones FRANCIS
And whose dark oracles
Speak to spirits below. DAVINA

So I just couldn't put a name to

Or speaks "sunshine." "stop." "oh."
To the beat of bongos
Or records awkward convos
With Cyrus Pekoe

I felt like guessing.

GREAT POEM!!!!!
:D I send all you heartrapists my love!

Andrea said...

Bahaha yeah, it was hard to come up with examples of everyone's writing that all rhymed with "o."

The bongo poet is a poor stereotype of BERNARD LOL. I wasn't sure how to fit him in, so I just imagined him in the most comic way possible and that's the image that came to mind. Awkward convos is Tabia, and the oceans of woe was indeed you, Emlyn! Combined with Jess.

And Mike, birthing pineapples is too awesome NOT to bring up all the time.

Marta said...

I KNEW the awkward conversations was Tabia! :D It's what she does all the time in her pieces! AWESOMESAUCE. And of course Cyrus Pekoe is Audrey <3!!

Oh man this is amazing Andrea. Love it. So glad you're part of Heart Rape :)!!!! Made me laugh ridiculously. Please do humourous rhyming poetry all the time.