Saturday, February 13, 2010

the people in my head...(title suggestions anyone?)

There are stick figure people in my head; scribes, musicians, photographers, painters, and storytellers. The storytellers tell tales, true and imagined, as the painters illustrate, and paint vivid memories and dreams, the photographers capture experiences, and the pieces are stored in galleries. The musicians play various songs on repeat as they come up with the emotional soundtrack of my life, and the scribes, well the scribes are the thinkers and they write write write; every thought that flits through my head, write them on slips of paper that are filed into cabinets write them on the walls of my mind when they feel it calls for graffiti or vandalism. They scribble and scrawl but some thoughts fly by and escape, some slips of paper are lost on the way to those closets of cabinets. I have stick figures in my mind sitting at desks and music stands, behind easels and in dark rooms…

something a bit different for me, not sure where this came from, and I'm not sure how I feel about it, so I'd love your thoughts, comments and criticisms!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Ahaha I like how writers get more attention in this :P I see this less as a finished piece and more of a pool of ideas that can be drawn from later. It's more point form and "telling."
But I really like the line "write them on the walls of my mind when they feel it calls for graffiti or vandalism." The image is very strong and I like the idea of writing as sometimes agressive or criminal.

lol this piece is a good snapshot into your mind :P

Emlyn said...

Thanks Andrea! I agree that it needs to be worked on, I'm happy to take thoughts and ideas! I didn't have anything to post and I did want help with this, because I like the idea, just not my execution of it. (pun intended here)

Max said...

This might be my favorite from you so far emlyn, if you worked on it a bit I think this is the one that should go into Jordano's heartrape journal