Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I Overheard Activists Speaking Into A Red Telephone

I... honestly don't know what this came out of. 


Oh! By the way--I'm trying out a form challenge, which you can read at my blog--one new form every day. Comments would be appreciated. I swear I am going to start commenting on your respective blogs and on this one, too.


we have stolen your cars

there is no escaping it now:
you will walk everywhere
like the rest of us
petty civilians
petty environmental bastards
who lock our front doors at dusk
against the storm
of mud and rain and money
that we channeled
and ate
and fed to our children
before we locked ourselves up
shat it all out
and came out
clean as we liked

no
never mind
we have stolen your cars
and shoes now

we will walk
you will crawl

6 comments:

Marta said...

This is incredible. Wherever it came out of, I approve. Because it's genius. I can't pick out favorite lines because they all flow into each other so flawlessly that they can't be picked and quoted...I'd quote the whole thing but that would be...not good. Just a waste of space in this comment. I like the ending. I like the part just before the ending. And I like the beginning. I like the black humour. Am I crazy or are there quite a few amusing posts this week? And last week too. This week technically just began...

Mike Carrozza said...

This is beautiful.
Read in an announcer's voice from the 50s, this is exciting to read in the cafeteria. I really enjoyed this and the whole idea of elevation. Very well written and one of my favorites. Kudos.

Emlyn said...

I have to say CSMC a little

I love the unexpected ending, of the last two verses. absolute best!
*no never mind we have stolen your cars and shoes now
we will walk and you will crawl*
really quite excellent

Bernard said...

CSMC? I don't know any of this Montreal slang...

Emlyn said...

Charles Stole My Comment

Chasch said...

Oh, thanks for that, I didn't know what it meant either but I though everyone else did... I've been making strange letter significations for the last 2 weeks...

Crushed by Systematic Motherhood Conventions
Could Someone Marvel at Christ?
Charles Sucks My C****

Yeah...