Monday, November 9, 2009

96: The Same Concept, Reversed


I have never thought so clearly in my mind,
as I am right now,
5 am, November something-or-other, 2009.

A rattle snake buzzing
backwards in reverse
A tools hammer crushing
the red baron in the Kremlin
A lack of dentist's teeth
in the mouth of an Orthopedic surgeon.
Derived from a derivative
in a conclusive, ironic, Platonic... sock.
The warmth is immeasurable.

Wow,
such clarity.
Sparkling clean
windex to the brain
neurons to the toaster ovens.
I can't see you,
so you can't see me
hiding in my head
no warmer place than this.
I wanna' stay locked up here forever,
you panda.
My mindless jabbering
with a lack of a better term
for diseased and ill-fated woes.
I'm re-reading,
my bad.

5 Am.

Why can't I sleep?
Is there a God?
Is there a Jesus?
Besides the one in advertisements and Hollywood films
(fucking cash cow).
Repetitions are merely nothing
but the repeating of something.
Isn't it obvious?
Isn't it obvious?
Is it not obvious?
Fuck you, Severus Snape,
I'm going to bed.

Lied.

I really am soothed,
like a milkshake from Burger King
Only a Monarch can provide
with satisfaction like that,
King Cow,
ruler of the Methane.

I don't understand James Joyce,
is it just me?
Please, I want to, I swear.
I wrote a song today
And it's depressing
Like a family dinner
when the rest of your family is dead.
So lonely.

Did I mention that I can't sleep?

The skeletons around
the posh wooden kitchen table
Medieval,
chicken legs and breast
(DD32)
I should've ended this when it had a chance of being good
(Who am I kidding?)

I'm in love.
And it's driving me insane.
The most beautiful insanity I have ever felt.
I'm sorry for bragging,
I should've shown it in a metaphor,
But what happens when there are no more meanings to our metaphors?
And too many metaphors to keep count of?
Well,
I guess I'll fall asleep.

2 comments:

Chasch said...

This is was awesome for so many reasons.
"conclusive, ironic, Platonic... sock." Grand.
The monarch at the Burger King, Severus Snape, the family dinner with everyone dead, that was all great stuff.
Despite the clarity at the beginning, however, the flow of thoughts seems rather confused and non-sensical. I guess the clarity was just ironic, right? Anyways, my only problem with this piece is that you seem to be going in a lot of different directions. You're attacking capitalism, Joyce, love, religion, Hollywood, Professor Snape, and referencing a whole bunch of other crap. I think the piece would have been more effective with a bit more focus, other than that it was brilliant.

Marta said...

I agree with Charles on most points (particularly the passages he picked out to say they were awesome, so I won't repeat them - but they were fantastic :D), but I don't think the lack of focus took away from it. In so many ways, this had such a satiric humour that made it hilarious, but at the same time I saw that it had serious undertones so I felt bad laughing but...I don't know. It seems like the kind of thing that focus would make it boring or too obvious or just...take away. It's meant to be chaotic, or at least how I saw it. Especially because of that last stanza. Everyone knows love isn't clear. Clarity's the last thing, although ironically it feels as though it sometimes can be. So I would say keep it chaotic with maybe a few minor refinements. I wouldn't be able to begin to say where these would be but yeah. That's my advice.