Saturday, November 28, 2009

Count v.1.5

I did a Count on my blog and I'm adding my favorites from Count v.1 to Count v. 1.5

42: "Stay," she said "at least until the fire burns out." I, a man who can't help himself, who can't stay firm and strong in her presence agreed and sat back in the dirt next to her with my knees to my chest.

14: I rescued a toothpick and flicked it into the forest and said "You're home."
- Mitch Hedberg

12: Sometimes, I rest my head in my hands to pretend I'm invisible.

24: "We've made you who you are today" is what everyone else could say, but all I've done is embrace you for who you are.

3: This is Sparta.
- 300

10: I can tell she's thinking about me because she's breathing.

19: He bravely raised his hand timidly, boldly putting himself out there and finally letting the spotlight shine on him.

1: Push (props to you for remembering)

37: This was never what I wanted, to be taken for granted, even though it does not take a mind reader to understand that I clearly am granted. I am for you all to toss aside and ignore.

21: Deserve. The word rattles my spine and makes me cringe. It digusts me as much as the concept of "deserving" itself.

5: I don't hate you, yet...

4: ... But give it time.

(5 and 4 can be combined to make 9)

9: I don't hate you, yet, but give it time.

2 comments:

Emlyn said...

42 I like this alot, great sense of the story of a moment.

14 I think I've heard this before...maybe on a comedy show...

12 relateable, and simple and touching.


1 giving birth to a pineapple

9 I like 9 better than 4 and 5 seperately, it tells more of a story. and it's harsher and stronger.

Mike Carrozza said...

I thought I was being original with 14, but I remember now that it's a joke by Mitch Hedberg. I'm crediting him now. Thanks, Emlyn :)