Sunday, November 1, 2009

as yet untitled

Hopes are dashed with such sudden force to the floor and the shards bury themselves in my arms and legs and feet, the cruel reality is shoved in my face and I’m shaking, and I realize as much as I had told myself not to hope, I still had …but now it doesn’t matter as I look contemptuously at the pieces of my dream strewn across the floor, embedded in my skin, I can’t even work up concern for the blood that is trickling down my arms and legs, that is slowly covering my hands, I step numbly across the floor accidently avoiding the slivers or not feeling them I can’t be sure, and I smile, sneering at my pathetic ridiculous hopes lying scattered and shattered, I feel stupid to have ever entertained the shred of hope that…but it’s too late now, it’s too late, and it seems I can’t escape the debris of my broken dream, as I track blood and pain through the rooms of my mind, I can’t seem to escape the broken bits I keep stepping on, shrapnel of misplaced ambitions, and I am just waiting to sink into a numb grey, a monochrome home…

2 comments:

Emlyn said...

Jess, I posted this because of your comment, I am sorry I have nothing new for you to read. ( and i didnt want to not post anything this week) Apologies as well to anyone else who may have already read this.

Francis said...

I hadn't read this terribly morbid piece. Well written though. I like the drawn out sentences. Kinda like a slow thought.