Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sonnet

Making my days, my nights, my hours:
Your warmth and sweetness helps my heart
Deeply connected to none else
Ever I sadden when apart
All that I need to make me smile:
Reaching my nose, your richest scent
Only to press my lips to you
Never are moments better spent
Long is my waiting through these days
Yearning for the peace you bring
Leaving without you brings me pain
Only your sight does make me sing
Verily, loving you is me
Even you, my delicious tea

Some sort of inspiration credit should go to Charles for his book poem, which made me want to write about things that I love. :] Also, the metre on this is not my best work, so I might rework the trouble lines at some point.

1 comment:

tabs said...

Oh Jess.
My dear. My only love.
You are pretty much the cutest person ever.
And if anyone could make a sonnet about a love affair with tea, it'd be you.
I am envious.