Monday, October 12, 2009

Middle Eastern Philosophies Meet Western Obsessions

[A collage poem exercise done in my poetry class]

Oral sex
And cigarettes
Running out
Running out of time
Not to worry
We’re all in a world of shit
Exactly like those damned
But we don’t need a mail call
To tell us
To tell us that
Nickel bags
And terrorists
And weapons of mass destruction
Are competing with
Car bombs
Dismount your mood
In Opel mechanics
You know
You know how
Because they do too
Ask them kindly
As they drive
To check they won’t explode
Shookran

2 comments:

antidotem said...

Any poem that starts off with
"Oral sex"
has my undivided attention.
And the last line.
Killer haha.
I like this.

Bernard said...

Awesome. Reminds me of The Future...

"Give me crack and anal sex/take the only tree that's left"...