Monday, July 26, 2010

Reconcilliation for a Widower of Life

When I get stuck, sometimes I rewrite lyrics for songs I like. This piece is greatly inspired by the song "For the widows in paradise for the fatherless in ypsilanti" by Sufjan Stevens. In fact, it goes to the tune of the song as well. I find my title a bit too dramatic but I couldn't think of another.

When we live for ourselves,
We tend to disappoint.
When live for oursleves,
We've truly missed the point.

There's another life for us.
There's a better life for us.
There's a different life for us.
Find it if you can.

I've been living lonely.
I've been living closed.
There answer to my questions,
Arn't said; they are shown.

There's another life for me.
There's a better life for me.
There's a different life for me.
It's about time it began.

Show me selflessness and,
I will fall apart.
I will begin again;
Begin at the start.

Of another life for me.
Of a better life for me.
Of a different life for me.
Of a life completely free.

1 comment:

Emlyn said...

Firstly, I really like this Francis, and I like that it ends on a hopeful note. I like the idea of new beginnings, of falling apart and starting again.

Secondly I love that song by Sufjan Stevens.