Friday, January 15, 2010

Attempt number 18

"Thank goodness it's a familiar face?"

"Familiar? I'm your brother, Sherlock!"

"Precisely."

"Why didn't you come this morning? You were expected."

"I haven't left this room in three weeks. Why would I come down just to entertain those slobs?"

"Because those slobs are our cousins and because those slobs have money which belongs to us."

"I'd think, Mycroft, that you have enough charm to hoodwink them without my help."

"It's a matter of time."

"When do they go away?"

"A fortnight."

"Well, in that case, I'd rather you come back in a week and I'll help you then."

"You know I'm not leaving this room without you."

"Better make yourself at home then."

"I'm already in my own home!"

"I suppose that's true."

"Come, they arn't going to bite you."

"I wouldn't put it past them... Alright I'll come down. But, only because you are my brother and I love you like a sister. Now please give me the privacy to get properly dressed. You wouldn't want me to come don't dressed like this would you?"

"You arn't even dressed! Just hurry up."

Mycroft left his brother's room and closed the door behind him. He heard tippy-toeing and reached for the handle, but it was too late. He heard the door lock. He whispered to himself.

"For fuck's sake."

"You'll have to try again tomorrow!"

1 comment:

Emlyn said...

I like this Francis, a whimsical mysterious story, I like the name Mycroft alot too, don't know why.
I'm wondering now why Sherlock hasn't left his room in three weeks...could there be a continuation of this story perhaps?
I enjoyed reading this alot :)