Monday, December 7, 2009

#'s

4: Objectivity is an opinion.

9: You call it self-loathing, I call it constructive criticism.

9: Life is nothing other than the meaninglessness I love.

13: Deep within the depths of my soul, I guess I am an atheist.

13: And If I die, it's not the end of the world. Only mine.

14: I promised myself I’d give me a chance, and this is all I got?

14: I write because I have shit to say… I just don’t know what yet.

15: People are like things – some of them are easier to look at than to hold.

18: I don’t judge. Well, I mean, I judge sometimes, with some people. Nevermind, I judge all the time.

21: “You’re the type of person I would’ve fallen in love with twenty years ago.”
“I’m twenty-seven, Ernest. That would’ve been illegal.”

26: “HA! Your hands are so small! You know what that means…”
“It means I have a small penis.”
“Oh… Well, I was gonna’ say small gloves…”

29: Not to sound pretentious or anything, but my hope for humanity was long-lost way before the Twilight Saga was ever written. That was just the nail in the coffin.

29:
'I am lost
We are lost
In one another.
The anger drags
My eyelids
Like tired wonders.
Lawnmower prison guards
And laughable feasts
Of long journeys
By shoeless voyagers’

36: Whenever it comes to a dramatic scene in a work of fiction, the author always begins by describing the weather, as if it represents some type of abstract metaphor within the story. Well, it’s raining now.

39: The only thing worse than radio-friendly rock bands are radio-friendly rock bands who claim their lack of popularity on the fact that they don’t make radio-friendly rock music when it is clearly obvious that they make radio-friendly rock music.

4 comments:

Mike Carrozza said...

Love every single one.

Chasch said...

Also, I love this. The weather one is particularly clever.

Emlyn said...

LOVE 15

also 9
and 4

may comment more tomorrow.

Jessica said...

9 is a real heartbreaker.
I love all of these, to be honest - you have a knack for saying a lot with not very much.
13 is ironic and delicious, and 36 is my absolute, 100%, hands down favourite.