Friday, October 30, 2009

Heart Raped

I have actually been heart raped.
Trust has been broken.
I have been turned on and
Abandonned.
I have been erased and
Severed from all ties:
Freedom, one might say
But I am not "one"
I am Mike and
When I said "I love you"
I meant it and
When I said "I will never turn on you"
I meant that, too

But in the end,
All my assumptions
Are right:
I don't matter.
I never will matter.
We are all replaceable and
We are all selfish and
It's moments like these
That push people like myelf
(The selfless, the self-loathers, the self-depricators)
To conform to the rest.

My heart was given
To one I could trust
Misused, abandonned
And left behind
For me to recuperate
A piece of me still with them,
A piece of them still with me.

I was never taught to live for myself.
I was never taught how to live for myself.

2 comments:

tabs said...

This is just...
*sigh*
*hug*

Jessica said...

TSMC.
I like especially, 'Freedom, one might say/But I am not "one"/I am Mike and/When I said "I love you"/I meant it'.
The last full stanza feels like it could be polished a little more - it's not quite got the rawness that would allow it to stand without shining it up a little. But still heartbreaking...you can certainly get emotion across.