Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dreaming

So, I've been uninspired and therefore do not have a Part II with which I am sufficiently happy. Here, instead, have a somewhat delirious poem written late at night on a metro.

Half the time the world is ending
And then it falls asleep
I dream of you and dream and dream
Excruciating deep
I tear into my conscious mind
I cannot help but fall
And fall and fall and falling makes
Me understand it all
And then I wake and once again
The world begins to end
Snow and white and fire tonight
And vivid nightmares send
My screaming psyche gets its rest
Once tired of the world
I lose the fight and lose tonight
As Dawn, a rose, unfurls
I lose the fight and lose tonight
Tonight is all I need
Tonight is all my memories
Tonight is mine indeed
And then at Dawn again I wake
At damn light’s siren call
I walk the pathways of the day
And do not dream at all
At all at all I do not dream
Awake and dismal me
The world is falling round my head
So that I cannot see
And when the ending ends tonight
I’ll dream a dream at last
A dream of future ends to come
I’ll dream of ends long past
Awake again it ends again
The world begins anew
And as I wake vestigial dreams
Begin and end with you
Though I don’t know quite who you are
Or if you are at all
If I could dream at will I would
And in them I would fall
And fall and fall and falling down
I could be caught by you
But you are just a dream that I
Cannot quite say is true

And so the world it ends again
Before it falls asleep

3 comments:

Emlyn said...

I LOVE THIS!
I really really love this
BEST!

Marta said...

I....can't comment on this objectively because I can relate to it so much and therefore I find it absolutely wonderful because it sums up my mind at the moment. It's so good. It's perfect. Omgosh. Just....omgosh.

"And so the world it ends again
Before it falls asleep"

So...so good.

I love this.

I love you.

tabs said...

"Half the time the world is ending
and then it falls asleep"

Um. I just need to say, I really really really really really like that. A lot. It sounds like beginning of an epic epic poem or sick song.

This is dark. It's actually pretty dark and not at all what I'm used to when reading your darker stuff. You usually have that...strangely appropriate/inappropriate whimsical factor or certain selection of words that make it 'Jess'like. But that's just really not here in this one. I like it :)