Thursday, September 24, 2009

I Should Probably Rethink My Major Because The Media Has Eaten Me Alive

The Film Industry stole my soul.

It managed to convince me that people change,
grow on each other, change for the ones they love.
( and like a child i have been waiting. )
The Film Industry told me love exists.
They told me there's someone out there for me,
just for me, only for me, made for me.
They promised me if I was patient, I'd get to be lucky.
( and like a child i have been stretching my eyes. )
The Film Industry told me it was going to get worse before it got better.
The Film Industry convinced me not to settle.
The Film Industry told me to wait.
The Film Industry promised me redemption.
The Film Industry promised me fireworks.
( and like a child i have been looking to the skies. )

The Film Industry lied to my face.
Looked me straight in the eyes and lied to me.

Fuck you, Film.

Fuck your agile actors and impossibly perfect lines.
Fuck your selected soundtracks and seamless editing.
Fuck your stolen kisses in the rain.
Fuck your fast cars, your proud men and loose women.
Fuck your vocabulary that feeds those around me.
Fuck your classic scenes, fuck your heartfelt moments.
Fuck your tragic heroines and glorified veterans.
Fuck everything that you are, everything you incorporate.
Fuck everything you promised me, you fucking liars

You've torn me apart and I've based myself on your illusion.

3 comments:

Mike Carrozza said...

This is on my desktop.
I remember you sent this to me and told me "This is me trying out "your style" and it reflects what we're going through".

I've fallen back into that situation and I'm certain that you can read my mind and knew that I needed to read this again.

Love you Tabia

mike

tabs said...

<3

Marta said...

Well done on taking my advice and posting what I suggested.

But I still like this.